Rules of competition and conditions of participation:
1. Who can participate ?
- Any person 18 years old and above in good health condition can participate in the Swiss Lake Surfing Championship
- Competitors must be in possession of a health certificate that needs to accompany filled out inscription form
- Competitors participate at their own risk and must present a valid liability insurance document that covers the full 140
days of the competition
2.Requirements to participate and competition fees :
- You need to be an ASSUP member to participate
- Individuals who are not yet ASSUP members and wish to participate can become a 2013 member at this time of they enter
- ASSUP Membership 2013 is 35CHF
- Any Stand Up Paddle board and paddle is allowed
- Any Swiss lake is allowed to be used.
- You may not ride waves on any shoreline that are not Swiss (example: Lake Geneva; Exchenevex / Lake Constance;
German side of lake…)
- Competitor are allowed to ride any Wind swept waves on any Swiss lake within the dates of the contest's opening dates
- Wind shaped waves only are allowed (no static waves – no standing river waves – no boat wakes or waves)
6.Dates of Competition:
- Contest opens Saturday Oct 27th 08:00 – Closes Sunset Friday 30th March 2013
- Competition is judged on videos sent by participating riders
- Each competitor will be judged by a jury and a public judging (details will be posted on ASSUP website)
- Wave judging will be based on style – how the wave was surf – difficulty and fluidity of movement on wave surfed
- Competition forms must be filled prior to entering competition
- Competition forms are available on ASSUP website under : Inland championship / competition forms
9.Video Format and length
- Each video must not be longer that 1minute 30seconds
(20-30 seconds max presentation of location of wave – 1minute of wave riding )
- Videos sent should be M4v. size 640x360
- The rider can present as many video sessions as he wants as long as these do not exceed 1:30
- At the end of the competition. The rider has 1 week to present his best waves that will be submitted for the vote.
- The video presentation for the final must not exceed 1 minute 30 seconds and 30 seconds of his self Total = 2 minutes max !
- The rider gives details of the date, time, the lake, air and water temperature, wind and weather conditions during his 20-30
second video presentation
- In his 20-30 second presentation, the rider needs to film the location and explain the particularities of his spot
(depth – rocks – danger point..)
- Strictly no video editing is allowed.
- No slow-motion or accelerated mode allowed
- Rider must include in video: Meteo Swiss print screen of the day and time of footage sent.
- Rider must fill out a separate competition form for each session he sends footage of
- Video footage must be sent maximum one week after session
- Competition form along with video are to be sent to : email@example.com
- Videos of each session sent will be visible on the ASSUP website 48 hours after they are sent by rider
11.Video Award Ceremony – Wave Party:
- Prizes will be given out during the award ceremony on Saturday 30th March 2013
- Details and inscription to party will be posted on ASSUP website Jan 2013
- Presentation of the finalist's videos will be during the Award ceremony
- Judging of the videos will be by the riders and the jury (details to be found on ASSUP website)